Computer Tyme Downloads
DOS Utilities that manage Novell anf NT Networks and Windows Workstations
Is DOS dead? Not when it comes to managing windows workstations on
Novell Netware and NT networks. DOS is still the command line operating
system that runs under windows and gives you batch file capabilities.
Even though these utils are DOS based, they can be run in your login
scripts and startup groups to configure INI and BATCH files and
distribute software to the workstations. Many of the DOS utilities are
Windows aware and are written to make Windows management easier for the
These programs are working evaluation copies of our software. They are
only slightly crippled in that occasionally they come up with a screen
that indicates that you are using an evaluation copy. Other than that,
these programs are fully functional.
Our policy on evaluation software is that if you have a working copy,
you can fully test it on your systems to see if it meets your needs.
During the evaluation period you are welcome to call our technical
support people. We do not ask for serial numbers or hassle you to buy
anything. In fact, most of our technical support calls are people, like
you, who are still evaluating our products. We realize that if we
can get our software working on your system, you're likely to buy it.
We do not have a fixed time limit on the evaluation period because we
realize that some organizations have a long purchasing cycle. However,
it is expected that once you make the decision to use our software, that
you should start the purchasing cycle.
- Utilities Documentation Web Pages
- MarxMenu Table of Contents.
- MarxMenu Index of Commands
- Gallery of Screen Shots.
Network Survival Kit
- Download it all in one file! The Computer Tyme Network Survival Kit is
a comprehensive utility package for managing large Novell NetWare and NT
networks. Included is all of the utilities listed below including
MarxMenu, many sample menus, login control, file managers, TSR
management, user utilities, time syncronization device drivers, editors,
and just a bunch of good useful stuff.
- World's most powerful Menu System. MarxMenu is a 0k DOS network menu
system and job control language now with over 1000 commands. Over 200
commands access Novell NetWare features. Runs under Dos, Windows 95/98
and NT. MarxMenu can launch windows applications. The most powerful
network menu and Netware scripting language that exists. Several of the
utilities listed here are written in MarxMenu. These include IniTyme,
IniDif, BatZap, BindEZ, TrustEZ, WhoHas, and Smite to name a few.
- Online MarxMenu/Toolbox reference TSR! MarxHelp is a 8k tsr help
system for MarxMenu that gives you hypertext search of the whole manual
online while your in your editor. You can cut and paste example code
from the manual into your editor.
- Directory Master 3 File Manager. Dos utility that is better than
explorer for copying, moving and deleting files. New version copies long
file names in windows 95/98. Directory compare features allow you to
mark files based on the comparison of two driectories.
- Directory Master Lite. Stripped down DM3 for novice users.
ToolBox and other Utilities
- NOVSYNC.SYS is a small device driver (500 bytes) that keeps the
Novell NetWare workstation clocks in sync with the server. It prevents
users tampering with the time and it keeps all clocks accurate within 1
second of the server. It eliminates clock drift and midnight rollover
problems. If you change the server clock the workstations are updated as
well. This program has Y2K features to protect your workstation from
netware time crashes in case Novell doesn't get their Y2K problems
solved. It also prevents your users from tampering with the clock on
their workstations. Windows 95/98 compatible.
- DoList is a powerful command line shell that works like DosKey but has
a lot more features. It can remember directories as well as previous
commands. It also can execute command lines on a stream of data fed into
it through the DOS piping commands. A must for the power DOS user.
- Marc Perkel's Sweet little directory program. Lists directories in
sorted columns. Netware aware.
- CleanTxt converts text files between DOS format and Unix format. Unix
files use only line feeds without carriage returns. DOS uses both. This
utility goes both ways. It also removes double CR codes caused by saving
the HTML source from Netscape. Includes smart wordwrap features that
break long lines at spaces and HTML tags making nasty HTML files easy to
work with. Unlike UNIX world utilities, this utility is smart, clean,
self documenting, and just works.
- Smart move utility to move files from one place to another. It can
move files across servers and volumes as well as to and from local
drives. WildCards and many interesting features supported. Smart file
date compare is supported.
- PIPEDIR is a very advanced WhereIs type of program allowing you to
scan servers or multiple servers for files. This program has a LOT of
features allowing you to do very tricky searches. Output suitable for
piping into other utilities. Delete feature allows you to get rid of BAK
files on entire drives. PipeDir also allows you to delete entire
- Searches disk for files. Same features as PipeDir but root directory
is assumed as the starting directory.
- Pick Directory is a utility that lets you see the directory as a
graphic tree and move through it. It also lets you delete branches of
the tree, files and all. It can span file servers and can let you change
directories by using just part of a directory name. It also allows you
to walk through a directory tree in a menu mode without having to type
CD and long directory names. Very handy in the DOS box under Windows.
- RAMMAP is a memory display utility like MEM or MAPMEM. This one shows
pending batch files and batch file ownership. If you just want to look
at memory, but aren't interested in a lot of useless information, this
is the utility for you.
- INMEM.EXE tests to see if a TSR of a specific name is loaded and
returns an error level code to a batch file indicating if it was found
or not. It can also test the names of running BATCH files.
- FREE is like a super CHKVOL utility. Shows the same info but it's more
readable. It also shows free directory slots on Netware 2 servers. FREE
also shows free memory, environment space, ems, and extended memory. One
of those "Got to Have It" utilities.
- XMeter is a software metering program for DOS utilities running with
NetWare. This programs meters using semaphores. It's a 0k metering
program that doesn't require an NLM or any memory or resources to run.
It's small, cheap, and just works. No fancy features.
- KBD is a handy dandy keyboard utility. It replaces about 20 little
keyboard utilities I accumulated. It can stuff the keyboard buffer,
clear it, set the caps lock, num lock and scroll lock keys, change the
repeat rate, show scan codes, lock the keyboard, and kill the print
screen. If you need security and need to lock down the keyboard, this
may be what you're looking for. Or you may need something to stuff the
keyboard in order to run a utility that asks for uer input.
- GrpTyme is a DOS program to create, modify, and decompile Windows 3
GRP files. You can use it to add icons, modify icons or delete icons. Or
you can create GRP files from a text file that is an INI format file. If
you need to mass update GRP files across your network, this is the tool
- FixPath is a utility that checks all your directories in you Path to
see if they are still accessable. Any directory that doesn't exist is
removed from the path. This is handy for cleaning up the path after
- ZDEL is an enhanced file delete utility. It can do queried deletes and
delete files that are piped into it.
- Version allows you to run programs that are DOS version dependent on
any version of DOS. Version lies to your program about what version of
dos it's running. Handy to get past wrong version of dos errors when
trying to run BACKUP and RESTORE with different versions of DOS.
- COMSP is a utility that prevents users from shelling to DOS from
programs that allow it like Lotus or WordPerfect. COMSP uses about 10k
of ram and unloads itself after use. This is a security utility.
- Advanced replacement for DOS sort program. Faster, bigger files, more
- Advanced replacement for DOS find program. More features.
- Advanced replacement for DOS more program. More features.
- Tsr Utilities for TurboPower! Free!
- Warm and Cold Reboot to reboot a Computer under DOS (no Windows)
- File Patching Program that allows you to make direct changes to a
binary file. Programmers tool for experts only.
- BREAK.SYS keeps users from breaking out of BATCH files by absorbing
Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Break, and Alt-3. BREAK.SYS is smart and allows Ctrl-C
inside of applications. Break also has a feature that will lock up the
keyboard if the user escapes to the command line. If you want to keep
your users locked into a batch file, this is what you need.
- Accurate test for CPU execution speed based on the old byte prime
- LOGOFF is a LOGOUT replacement that takes the pain out of logging out.
It removes directories from the path that no longer exist and hunts up a
new COMSPEC if command.com is no longer accessable.
- Old utility for NETX and VLM users. BestNet is used to automatically
select the best network shell to load. It looks at the DOS Version, XMS,
EMS, and if LOADHI exists on the path and sets and environment variable
to the best shell to load. It also sets and environment variable to the
first network drive letter.
- Allows you to open more than 20 file handles on old DOS programs like Smart
Software from Innovative Software.
Executable Programs Written in MarxMenu Script Language
- BatZap is a script language for modifing BATCH and other text
configuration files. BatZap has 100 commands and is likely the most
powerful and easy to use batch file modifier on the market. Besides
modifying AUTOEXEC.BAT, CONFIG.SYS and NET.CFG files, batzap can execute
dos commands to copy files or entire directory trees. Novell Netware
conditionals supported as well as date comparisons to update old files.
This is a serious software distribution tool. BatZap can also be used as
a smart batch file switch by returning custom error codes based on
conditionals or environment variables.
- INITYME is a DOS program designed to mass update Windows INI files.
This program allows you to write a CHANGE.CTL file and apply those
changes to all INI files on the network. It can also modify INI files
conditionally on bootup or in login scripts before entering Windows.
Novell Netware conditionals supported. This is the same program as
McAfee's or Network Associates IniTool which replaces the Saber IniMan.
Will run Saber DEF files. IniTyme handles the DEVICE= lines correctly.
- INIDIF is a DOS utility to compare two INI files and produce a third
file that contains the differences between the two files. The change
file can then be used with INITYME to change other INI files on the
network. IniTool handles the Device= lines correctly!
- SMITE is a utility to drop users, groups or connections from the
network. It's handy when someone has a file locked and you need access
to it. Usage: SMITE The pick option allows you to mark
connections from a list to drop. Requires Novell Netware.
- WhoHas lets you know who has a file open on a Netware server. Shows
name, connection, and login time. It also lets you send a message to all
users with a file open or drop the connections of users of a file. This
WhoHas supports WildCard! USAGE: WHOHAS N:MARXMENU.* Requires Novell
- Who Got What Files Open utility. Lets you list users and what files
they have open. See who's messing around. USAGE: WHOGOWA
user,group,connection Requires Novell Netware.
- TrustEZ allows you to save the directory trustee information to a
text file so it can be restored later. Or you can use it to modify
trustee information if you are making changes to your directory or
volume structure. This comes in handy if you are changing your directory
structure or merging servers. It can also be used to backup your trustee
information to a text file or it can be useful as a reporting tool.
Requires Novell Netware.
- BindEZ lets you save bindery information to a INI type text file or
load the bindery from an INI type text file. This is handy when merging
binderies from several servers or making mass changes to the bindery. It
can also be used as a backup tool for your bindery information. Creates
users, groups, and queues. Requires Novell Netware.
- BindDump is a bindery dumping utility. It shows everything that's in
the bindery that the user is allowed to access. If you want to know what
kind of junk those 30 day trial utilities are leaving behind then this
is the utility you're looking for. With MarxMenu you can delete or alter
these objects and property. Find it with BindDump, clean it up with
MarxMenu. BindDump is a diagnostic tool. Works with NDS in that it lets
you see the NDS from a bindery perspective. Useful for setting bindery
context commands. Requires Novell Netware.
- LongSave is used to save the list of long file names and short names
to a comma delimited ascii text file. The short names can then be backed
up or zipped or copied with utilities that are not long file name aware.
After the files are transfered LongSave can then use the ascii file to
restore the original long file names. This utility can save and restore
long names and can be used with old utilities that are not long name
aware. Works with Netware.
- Replaces Novell's Attach Utility. Works with connections over 250.
Requires Novell Netware.
- Replaces Novell's UserList Utility. Works with connections over 250.
Requires Novell Netware.
- Copies files in MAIL directories between file servers by looking up
the usernames on both servers. This is used to migrate the Novell mail
directories during an upgrade. Requires Novell Netware.
Other Novell shareware can be found at Novell Shareware.